Contest Terms And Conditions
Solve.Care Foundation OÜ, a legal entity incorporated and acting under the laws of Estonia, registered at Narva mnt 5, Tallinn city, Harju county, 10117, Estonia (hereinafter referred to as “Solve.Care” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”) is conducting/sponsoring Apps Contest called “Care.Card Design Contest” (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”) on https://carecardcontest.com/ for individuals (hereinafter referred to as “Participants” or “Entrants” or “You” or “Your”) who shall create Care.Card designs which shall be oriented to redefine the way healthcare works for patients, employers, insurers and providers globally. Solve.Care is the contest producer and owner. The Contest opens for registration on 20th of August, 2019 at 17:00 EEST(time) and closes on 4th of October, 2019 at 17:00 EEST (time) (hereinafter referred as the “Contest Live Period”).
- Each Participant agrees that he/she has read and understood these terms and conditions and by their participation in the Contest, each Participant agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by the terms and conditions, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Solve.Care as final and binding as it relates to the Contest.
- Participant shall be allowed to enter the Care.Card Design Contest on https://carecardcontest.com/ if:
- Participant agrees to comply with this Contest terms and conditions published on the website: https://carecardcontest.com/
- Participant has reached the age of majority in accordance with the laws of the Country where the Participant resides at the time of making the entry into the Contest.
- Participants who have reached the age of majority in accordance with the laws of the country where the Participant resides at the time of making the entry into Contest; can create team consisting of up to two (2) individual Participants. The team entering the Contest shall appoint and authorize one individual (hereinafter referred as the “Representative”) to act and enter the submissions on behalf of the team who must have reached the age of majority in accordance with the laws of the country where the Participant resides at the time of acting and entering into submissions on behalf of the team.
- Participation in the Contest by a Representative authorized by the team shall constitute a lawful agreement by each Participant in the team.
- Solve.Care employees, representatives, affiliates and contractors related to the Contest cannot participate in the Contest.
- Solve.Care reserves the right to request proof of a Participant's eligibility in the event that there is a doubt over his/her eligibility for the Contest.
Registration And Submission Process
- The Participant can enter or make a submission in the Contest only after completing the registration process. The Contest opens for registration from 20th of August 2019 to 4th of October 2019.
- The Participants shall submit Care.Card prototypes created by the Participants in compliance with the specifications provided by Solve.Care at [email protected]. The Participants shall be entitled to make submission of Care.Card prototype created by them from 10th of September 2019 to 8th of October 2019.
- To complete the registration process, Participant shall be under the obligation to complete the registration form at https://carecardcontest.com/
- All the submissions made by the Participants shall be reviewed and evaluated from 9th of October 2019 to 16th of October 2019 by a jury of prominent UX and UI designers and healthcare industry executives who are experts in their domains.
- Participants or teams shall be entitled to submit more than one submission per person provided each submission made by the individual Participant or by a team shall be unique and distinct from the previous submissions thereto.
- The judges shall review and evaluate the submissions made by the Participant based on the various aspects including, but not limited to:
- User flow (Does the user know where to start? Is the path from start to finish clearly defined?)
- Design (Does the card have an aesthetically pleasing visual design using a proper color palette?)
- Content (Does the card have accurate, engaging content, appropriate for its target audience?)
- Information Architecture (Does the card have clear navigation, understandable labeling, well-defined iconography, and is orientation within the app clear?)
- Presentation (How the idea was presented?)
- Creativity (Does the card include creative ideas?)
- Scoring for the cards will be on weighted average and a curve base score.
- The decisions of the panel of experts and professionals shall be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest.
Winners And Awards
- Three (3) Participants shall be regarded as winners from amongst the various submissions made by the Participants thereto. The winner of the Contest shall be three teams or Participants with the highest overall score. In event of tie, subsequent votes shall be held, until three winners have been selected.
- The following awards shall be awarded to the winners:
- $3000 shall be awarded to the winner at the First Place
- $2000 shall be awarded to the winner at the Second Place
- $1000 shall be awarded to the winner at the Third Place
- Solve.Care Contest team will contact each of the winners for providing the details about receiving a prize.
Denial Of Access
- Solve.Care also reserves the right to remove any entry information or comments from the Contest or web site that they deem objectionable or obscene.
- Solve.Care reserves the right to disqualify Entries that are frivolous or fail to meet the entry requirements as described herein at the sole discretion of the Solve.Care.
- Solve.Care and the Participant agree that all the materials submitted by the Participant, notices and other updates published by the Solve.Care in relation to the Contest shall be in English.
Intellectual Property Rights
All materials and documents developed and created by the Participant in relation to the Contest shall be treated as intellectual property of Solve.Care. By submitting Care.Card Prototypes in this Contest, Participants agree to assign all intellectual property rights (to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media, software or product now known or hereafter developed) including copyright, patent, design right in the Care.Card prototypes to Solve.Care. in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this Content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Solve.Care should the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Solve.Care from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Solve.Care may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
Representation And Warranties Of Solve.Care
- Solve.Care shall not be responsible for any expenses incurred by Participants in connection with participation in the Contest, and will not return any materials submitted by the Participant during the Contest.
- The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries. Solve.Care cannot predict the odds of winning as Solve.Care has no prior knowledge of the number of Participants who will participate.
- Contest may be terminated at the Solve.Care’s sole discretion.
- Mere participation should not be perceived as any commitment on the part of Solve.Care to select a Participant as the winner.
- Each Participant understands that each of the officials of Solve.Care engaged in the organization and management of this Contest including its directors, officers, partners, employees, consultants, and agents are under no obligation to render any advice or service to any Participant in respect of this Contest.
Representation And Warranties Of The Participant
- By entering into Contest or entering into submissions, Participant undertakes not to disclose to any third party any information that became known to the Participant as a result of this Contest without the prior consent of the Solve.Care.
- Compliance of all federal, state, local, municipal, income, and other taxes (if any) shall be the sole responsibility of the Participants and winners.
- By entering, Participants warrant that to the best of their knowledge: (1) their entry is an original idea; (2) their entry in any way does not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Confidential Information shall include any information submitted to the Participants by Solve.Care in the form of document (in electronic or oral form) which shall include but not be limited to scientific, commercial and business data, know how, formulas, formula, processes, development result, pictures, plans, drawings, technical requirements, sample reports, models, computer programs, inventions, ideas and any other information provided during this contest.
- By entering the Contest, the Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering the Contest, but in no event attorney's fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any Participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred in entering the contest.
- In no event will the Solve.Care, their licensees, and or their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from access to, or use of, this web site, electronic or computer malfunctions, or entrant participation in this contest, even if Solve.Care was advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Solve.Care reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by the Solve.Care. In the event the Contest is compromised by non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Solve.Care that corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Solve.Care reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Any attempt by a Participant to deliberately damage the web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Solve.Care reserve the right to seek damages from any such Participant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Solve.Care assumes no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, software, Internet service providers, or e-mail systems; failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or incomplete, late, lost, damaged, illegible or misdirected electronic communications; or any combination thereof, including damage to Participants' or anyone else's computer equipment related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Contest.
- Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.